When is it Time for Website Redesign?
A website redesign is a great way to increase the success of an existing online business. It has been repeatedly proven that site design and usability directly affect whether or not a customer makes initial contact with a business. If your site was launched a few years ago, features Flash technology, or is lacking the branding you need, then it is time to make a change.
The goal of any website redesign is to make sure your site is visually appealing to your user demographic and is compatible with a variety of devices (i.e. desktop, iPad, iPad mini, tablet, mobile phone). For example, if your target market is the elderly population, you are going to need to make sure your fonts are larger and easier to read. You’d also want to use simpler features and make your call-to-action large and colorful.
The following are just a few of the items we consider when completing a website redesign project.
Do I really need a website redesign?
Here are a few questions you can ask yourself to determine if a website redesign may help expedite your online business goals.
- Does the design of your current website seem attractive to you?
- Ask a few friends or business associates for their opinions on your site. Is it easy to navigate?
- Does your website reflect a modern look and feel, or does it look dated?
- Does your website appear well on various sized displays (i.e. modern browsers, mobile devices, tablets, etc.)?
- Take a peek at your competitors’ sites. Does your site seem better or worse than theirs?
If the answers to these questions point you toward a redesign, Boomtown can help you.
Working with Boomtown Internet Group for your web design is easy. Once you become a client, here is what you can expect:
- Upon completion of our design questionnaire, you will be contacted by a design consultant to set up a call to discuss your project in depth. This call will include a discussion about demographics, project goals and expectations, competitor review, and design ideas.
- The design consultant will then review competitor websites to see how they can make your site stand out in comparison, and begin the preparation of up to 3 design proofs for your review within 5 business days.
- Another call will be set up to discuss your proofs, narrow down the selection to a favorite, and discuss modifications and changes.
- A revised version will be sent to you for your review and approval.
- Upon receiving your approval we will send your project on to programming to begin making your new site a reality!