Here’s a Facebook how-to guide to creating a corporate Facebook Page.
- Sign up for Facebook, if you haven’t already done so, or log into Facebook if you’ve got an existing account.
- Once you’ve signed up for a personal Facebook profile, you’re then able to create other Facebook pages for organizations and groups.
- When logged in, go to: http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
- You’ll then see a “Create New Facebook Page” box. Choose the appropriate business category, “Brand, Product, or Organization”. (You’ll need to check the box to certify that you’re the person authorized to create the page, as well as select the appropriate industry from the drop down menu). Name your page as well.
- You’re then ready to post information to this business page, including your business logo, business information, contact information, hours of operation (if you have a retail or local office), and a general description that describes your business. (Facebook will prompt you to add details as you go along). As you add more details about your business, you can view the changes live on the page you are creating.
- You’ll also be able to start posting information on your “wall”, and share photo and videos, as well as upcoming events.
- If you’d like restrictions placed on your page, go to “Edit Page” and then “Settings”. You’ll be able to manage age and location restrictions, who’s able to post to your wall, and discussion boards, links, notes, and other applications.
- When you’re satisfied with your page, engage would-be “fans” by clicking the “Share” or “Suggest to Friends” button on the left side of the page and sending to your Facebook friends. Click “Like” to like your own page.
- If at any time you’d like to access your organization’s page from your profile, click the “Account” drop down menu on the very top right and select “Manage Pages”.