You’ve worked hard to create and publish a beautiful new website. Now you need your audience to find it online. In a perfect world, your site will be found and traffic will increase, having a positive effect on your organization. Unfortunately, it doesn’t always work that way. Having an attractive website with great products or services doesn’t guarantee you’ll appear in Google search results.
Promoting a website on Google is an important aspect of your search engine optimization (SEO) and internet marketing strategy. In order to generate traffic to your website, you should submit the website to all major search engines (Google, Bing, Duck Duck Go, etc.), using the available tools (Search Console for Google and Bing Webmaster Tools).
But before you do that, it’s necessary to take some time to structure out pages and content, making it easier for Google to read and display your site.
- Your domain name should include your business name or brand. Use short, concise URL’s (i.e.examplebusinessname.com) which are easy to read and include words that describe the content of the page.
- Include your brand and the major keyword phrase that represents your website on your home page.
- Carefully select page titles and descriptions that include keyword phrases. Google reviews the title and description tags when ranking pages. Other important tags are the headers and to some extent the ALT tags for images.
- Each web page should have a unique keyword phrase located in the first and last paragraph of copy. Additionally, keyword variations – similar versions of your main keyword phrase – should be present in the copy, since Google now understands most synonyms and it is no longer necessary to simply repeat the main keyword phrase over and over. This makes for better readability and user experience.
Once your content is organized, your site can be submitted to search engines.
What does Google do with a newly submitted website?
- Crawl. Most importantly, Google must be able to crawl the website’s home page, and the sitemap should be submitted through Google’s Search Console.
- Index. After a website has been crawled, Google analyzes each web page and stores it in a database.
- Serve. Google searches it’s database of indexed pages for the most relevant answer to a user’s search query. The result is based on the user’s location, language, and device.
Now that Google can find your website, it’s time to improve its ranking.
How do you promote your website and improve its ranking in Google search results?
Content marketing will be a driving force behind website traffic and search results for years to come. It is the practice of creating and sharing valuable, consistent online material that increases user engagement: for example, articles, blogs, videos, and graphics. In order for Google to place your website pages and content high in the Search Engine Results Page (SERPs), all website content should be arranged logically and with respect to the keyword phrases. So, what types of content should you post online?
Good Content Is Becoming More Important as a Marketing Practice for Your Website
- Original content creation. No matter what industry you’re in, you can regularly write articles to help others. This kind of content usually gets indexed shortly (within 24 hours), and if compelling, other website owners will link back to you. By consistently writing quality, relevant content, traffic will increase to your site. With recent algorithm changes Google definitely favors unique content – so publishing your own research ranks above rewording other people’s content.
- Optimize Content for Voice Search: Since CommScore suggests that more than half of all searches will be initiated through voice search by 2020, it is vitally important that content answer questions that people use during voice search, especially those that start with “Who”, “What”, “Where”, “When”, “How” and “Best”. FAQ pages are particularly easy to rank for voice search.
- Press Releases. These should introduce people to your new website (and also new services/products, acquisitions, etc.). It’s a very good way to get people to visit a site when looking for related services or products, and build your brand name as an authority in the field. Important events, acquisitions, new offerings, and new key members of your organization should often be mentioned using press releases and company blogs.
- Social Media. Build engagement by actively posting on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Linkedin and Instagram. Register for an account and put up some basic information including your business name and links to your website. Social media is also a great way to create brand value for products and services, and a good way to get you directly connected with your target audience.
- Visual content. Images, infographics, and videos are very effective for online marketing. The more videos and images that appear on your website, the better. Visual marketing tools grab people’s attention, are easily understood, evoke emotions, and improve social engagement.
- Industry expertise. Share information and answer questions on forums and LinkedIn. Comment on blogs. Think about how you can demonstrate value by helping others, instead of you want from them. By establishing yourself as an industry expert, you will build your reputation and your organization’s.
- Duplicate Content. Review your site for duplicate content, both internal on every site page, and external where someone may have copied your content. Google strives to return the most relevant an up do date content for a query. This may sometimes push duplicate content pages lower in search results.
That’s all great. But, content marketing is just one component of your overall strategy. There are several other factors to consider with Google rankings.
How to Improve the User Experience (UX)
Users are drawn to an attractive, well-designed website. However, a website must be functional and easy to navigate. Today’s consumers expect immediate access to relevant information. Businesses, now more than ever, must understand what their users want and clearly organize that content on their website. A positive user experience (UX) is an important part of an organization’s overall marketing strategy. UX directly impacts a business’ bottom line because it can drive traffic to a website or away from it. Users who are unable to find and retrieve information quickly, will leave the website, increasing bounce rates. So, how can businesses improve their user experience?
- Build a website that loads quickly (under 3 seconds) and is responsive (resizes) on all devices.
- Display the most vital content in a compelling and easily identifiable manner. Generate user engagement through the use of catchy headings, images, and videos.
- Link to social media accounts directly from your website pages, allowing users to share valuable information about your brand.
- Add a call-to-action to your website such as a “contact” or “buy now” button, converting users to customers.
- Run through UX testing with actual website users. They can provide valuable assessments on their experience.
- Track and monitor your website using automated tools, such as Google Analytics, that provide metrics on user behaviors. Marketing strategies can be adjusted based on the data.
- Implement accessibility features and additional languages on the website, reaching a larger audience.
- Ask for feedback on forms and surveys, but limit the amount of data that the user needs to enter.
What else can you do to improve organic traffic on Google?
- Submit business to Google My Business and link to your website to improve local search results. It is increasingly important to keep Google My Business as updated with hours, contact information and new content as often as possible.
- Create reputable backlinks to your site (text, videos, images) through guest articles, promoted content, infographics, internal links, testimonials, public relations, blog comments, reputable external directories and case studies.At least once a month review the inbound links to your site and make sure they are related by topic, come from reputable sites, and meet all Google’s guidelines. For links with do not come up to par, use the disavow tools in Google and Bing to remove them from search engine considerations when evaluating the popularity of your site pages.
- Make sure your website is optimized for speed and is mobile friendly.
- Make sure the schema on your website pages most accurately depicts the content on the page.
- Use https on your website (rather than http) by installing an SSL certificate.
- Use meta tags in your page source code – title, description, content type – that accompanies high quality content. Meta tags tell the search engines what the page is about.
- Create outbound links to other websites that share similar information.
- Consider WordPress or another website platform that uses SEO and AMP plugins. Plugins automate website SEO configurations for websites. AMP stands for accelerated mobile pages and improves page rankings due to instantaneous mobile page loads.
- Send regular emails to your target audience with website links promoting special events, products, or services.
- Understand SEO, follow Google’s webmaster guidelines, and stay up to date on Google’s search algorithm changes.
Monitoring and Adjusting Your SEO and Marketing Strategy
Once you’ve optimized your website and content for Google, you can actively begin using Google tools (such as Google Analytics) to monitor traffic and tweak your marketing strategy. Search Engines are the most effective way to drive traffic to your website. Boomtown Internet Group, a full service digital marketing agency offering numerous services, can optimize your site for appropriate keywords. Our goal is to rank your website pages higher and achieve a first-page ranking on Google and Bing search results.
With our Digital marketing services, we know how to attract and engage customers online. We use content marketing and SEO to bring visitors in, earn and hold the attention of customers, and make our client’s brands easy to be found. How can Boomtown Internet Group help you? We can:
Evaluate your website content and make recommendations for more relevant content.
- Create compelling and regular content including social media posts, blog articles, email blasts, and web pages.
- Set up and monitor Google Analytics.
- Review competitor sites.
- Perform keyword analysis and optimize long tail keywords.
- Assist with backlinking.
- Disavow low quality and spam links.
- Compile metrics and customize reports.
There are many factors to consider when promoting your website on Google. Voice search is evolving and becoming increasingly popular. Voice search optimization relies heavily on delivering content that is mobile friendly. It also requires you to think about how questions are asked, versus how they are typed. Implementing a successful marketing and SEO strategy takes time. It’s critical that you understand your users and create an engaging experience. By consistently monitoring and analyzing data, you can tweak your business objectives. Social media and content marketing will continue to play an integral role in how businesses define goals and reach their target audience.
Contact Boomtown Internet Group Now! Or Call us at 888-454-3330.