Off-Page Optimization revolves around creating “Asset Content”, or high-quality content to which others want to link. This includes an incredible resource section for your website, infographics, videos, press releases, content-rich blog posts, and more.
Ask yourself whether your current web content and landing pages are compelling enough to differentiate your company from thousands of other similar web pages. Quality content is key to attracting relevant quality links from other sites, and the key to securing search engine visibility. Google, Bing, and other search engines condone a quality content creation strategy.
Content creation and authority link building requires significant time and effort from both you and your digital marketing company – you are the authority in your industry. Boomtown is happy to guide you through the processes, but we believe client involvement is crucial. When done properly, good content is not only distinctive but can position your business as an online authority in your industry and generate quality leads for your business. Being an industry authority holds many advantages, including attracting relevant links and new opportunities. Quality content can also assist with conversions because potential clients respect content authority. General link building strategies include:
- Building online relationships with vertical markets and partners, researching competition’s linking strategies and refining these, and setting up business profiles with links back to the website.
- Submission based link building in specific/targeted directories including video, review, and blog directories.
- Link Bait Creation and Link Solicitation with excellent content such as events, a glossary of terms, contests, giveaways, webinars, surveys, white papers, case studies, humor, and by mentioning and commenting on other people’s content.
- Creation of social profiles for links and content sharing.
- Website submission to local directories (and directories unique to your products as well (ex: trade publications)).
- Timely Press Release creation and distribution.
- Distribution of blog posts in social network groups and RSS feeds.
- Guest blogging and other specific link generation activities that will meet search engine standards.
Social signals play an increasingly important role in SEO and could affect rankings. Boomtown configures monthly social sharing and building of followers into all link-building plans.