A Very Simple Internet Marketing Guide
Simply put, Internet marketing is the process of advertising and promoting your service or business on the Internet. When done effectively, Internet marketing can maximize sales and familiarize hundreds of thousands of potential customers with your business. This is accomplished with keywords and search engine optimization (SEO) on your website, using social media, and more. Here are the basics of Philadelphia Internet marketing.
- Add a blog to your website. This allows you to constantly add content to your website, which can improve your ranking in search engine results. Write blog posts that are relevant to your business, for example, if you are in the car repair business, write about car maintenance or other issues related to automobiles.
- Write original, interesting content while using relevant keywords to maximize SEO and increase the number of visitors to your site. This is very important in Philadelphia Internet marketing.
- Include a “Contact Us” page on your website that makes it easy for people to ask questions or request more information. A lot of effort put into Philadelphia Internet marketing can go to waste if potential customers don’t have an easy way to contact you.
- Utilize online tools such as Bing Webmaster or Google analytics to measure your website metrics such as which of your pages and blog posts attract the most visitors and how long they stay on your website. Use the data to increase traffic. If you notice that a blog on transmission repair brings in the most visitors, create more content about transmission repair.
- Include a registration so visitors can subscribe to your blog posts or newsletters. This keeps customers/users with updates on your services or products, as well as keep your business in their minds.
- Create a presence on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and others, and then post frequent updates about your business. Social media is a cornerstone of Philadelphia Internet marketing.
- Create videos about your service or business and post them on video-hosting websites such as YouTube and Metacafe. These videos should cover interesting subjects related to your business, or “How To” videos.
- Put your company’s profile on several online business directories, which is particularly helpful for businesses serving a local population.
- Send out emails using the addresses garnered through your website sign-up to announce new services or products, sales, discounts, or other news. This is called sending out email blasts.
- It is important that businesses stay actively engaged in Philadelphia Internet marketing, constantly posting social media updates and adding new content to the website. If you don’t have the time to do it yourself or hire an employee to do it, it is wise to consider hiring an outside firm specializing in Philadelphia Internet marketing for you.